Bookings and Payments

Payments can be made by credit card, in ISK (Icelandic Krona) or by bank transfer in EUR, USD or GBP.  When using AMEX cards we charge a 2% surcharge which is non-refundable.
Iceland Luxury Tours uses the exchange rate between ISK and other currencies set by the Central Bank of Iceland quoted on the day of payment. We require a non-refundable 30% deposit to confirm a booking and the balance payment is due 4 weeks prior to the start of the tour. 
 

Cancellation of Tours 

In the light of the outbreak of the Covid-19 virus, we have a “NO LOSS” policy-option as follows.  This applies only when Iceland Luxury Tours is unable to provide the services agreed upon due to official, local COVID-19 measures and/or limitations.

If a tour is cancelled more than four (4) weeks prior to start of the tour the 30% deposit payment will become valid as a credit for a tour with Iceland Luxury Tours at a later time.    Please note that prices may change between years due to price changes in accommodation and activity not provided by Iceland Luxury Tours.

If a tour package has been paid in full, the following cancellation policy applies:

  • 14-28 days prior to arrival – 50% of the total package cost will be refunded.  If the tour has to be cancelled due to local, official COVID-19 measures/limitations the remaining 50% will become valid as a credit for a tour with Iceland Luxury Tours at a later time.
  • 7-13 days prior to arrival – 25% of the total package cost will be refunded. If the tour has to be cancelled due to local, official COVID-19 measures/limitations the remaining 75% will become valid as a credit for a tour with Iceland Luxury Tours at a later time.
  • 6 days or less prior to start of tour – no refund and no credit.

Cancellation of Group Tours

Group tours include tours with 8 or more participants. 

For cancellation of group tours the following cancellation policy applies:

  • 14-28 days prior to start of tour – 30% of the total package cost will be refunded.  If the tour has to be cancelled due to local, official COVID-19 measures/limitations the remaining 70% will become valid as a credit for a tour with Iceland Luxury Tours at a later time.
  • 13 days or less prior to start of tour and no-shows: no refund and no credit. 

Iceland Luxury Tours can not guarantee full credit if accommodation providers and other tour operators included in the tour package have stricter cancellation policies than Iceland Luxury Tours offers.  In general that is not the case but with few exceptions.

Safety

Iceland Luxury Tours reserves the right to adjust or change tours due to uncontrollable and/or unforeseen circumstances for example natural occurrences like weather and road conditions.

If Iceland Luxury Tours cancelled a tour due to bad weather or unsafe conditions the cost of the tour will be refunded 100%. Iceland Luxury Tours is not responsible for injuries, accidents or deaths caused by the client’s negligence, acts of third parties or natural circumstances such as weather and other such occurrences. We recommend that all travellers carry proper travel and health insurance.

Force Majeure

The standard Force Majeure or ‘Act of God’ clause applies and frees both parties from liability or obligation when an extraordinary event or circumstances beyond the control of the parties (clients / travel agency) prevent one or both parties from fulfilling their obligations under the contract. If the performance of the proposed services is hindered or prevented by war, hostilities, labor conflicts, strikes, seizure under legal process, congestion, diseases, difficulties or any other cause whatsoever the trip may be cancelled without liability to refund.

General Terms and Conditions

Length of tour service per day should not exceed 10 hours in general due to driver-guides need to rest.  Requests to add services or extend tour hours should always go through ILTs office and be subject to agreement thereof, in writing.  

ILT reserves the right to discontinue a tour without a refund if a customer shows an unacceptable behaviour.  That includes verbal abuse, aggression, harassing words or actions, racial abuse, swearing, threats, assault or violence.